The Management of the National Service Scheme wishes to announce to all prospective service personnel and the general public that a total number of 100,209 Personal Identification Number codes for the enrollment of prospective National Service Personnel from all the 124 accredited tertiary institutions in the country for 2018/2019 service year has been released.
All prospective national service personnel are therefore, requested to visit the scheme’s website nss.gov.gh to access their PIN codes with their respective INDEX NUMBERS.
From then, they are to head to any branch of the Agricultural development bank throughout the nation to make a payment of 40 GH cedis to activate the enrollment process. Prospective national service personnel can also make payment through MTN mobile money in 2 forms:
The Website process (Pay from the website) :
- Login into portal.nss.gov.gh/check-pin with your INDEX number.
- Scroll down and click Make Payment.
- On the Make Payment page, click MTN Mobile Money Web
- You will be required to enter your MTN mobile money number containing the funds to pay the 41 GH cedis.
- Click pay button.
- Wait for a message on your phone asking to confirm the payment.
- Confirm the payment.
The USSD Mobile Money process (Pay from your Mobile Money phone)
Follow the steps below exactly. Don’t worry however, if you make a mistake on Step 4. Any payment will be reversed to your account duly.
NB: If you make a mistake at Step 4, Step 9 will not happen and after 5 – 10 minutes your money will be returned to your account.
- Dial *170#
- Choose Option 2 for “Pay Bill”
- Choose option 6 for “General Payment”’
- FOR PAYMENT CODE : type “NSS”, put a space, then type XQYGRM4387618 (E.g. “NSS XQYGRM4387618”) Then menu would return your name for confirmation.
- Enter deposit Amount (GHS 41.00)
- Type NSS as reference
- Enter PIN to confirm payment
- You will receive a message from MTN to confirm the transaction
- You will also receive a message from NSS to proceed with Online Registration
For more info check nss.gov.gh or call the following lines :